This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to the Company.
(A) PERSONAL DATA
1. “Personal Data” refers to any data, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time. For the avoidance of doubt, Personal Data shall bear the same meaning as defined in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
2. We may collect the following information from you:-
(1) your name;
(2) your passport or other identification number (including your NRIC number);
(3) your mobile or telephone number(s);
(4) your mailing address(es);
(5) your email address(es);
(6) your transactional data while using our websites, mobile applications and/or any of our online services;
(7) your biometric data; and/or
(8) your device location (if any).
For the avoidance of doubt, the aforesaid is non-exhaustive.
(B) COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3. The Company may collect Personal Data from you through the following ways:-
(1) when you submit any form, including but not limited to any application, consent form, declaration, proposal or referral forms;
(2) when you enter into any agreement(s) and/or provides other documentation(s) (such as consenting to a non-disclosure agreement) or information provided by you through your use of any of the Company’s services or interactions with the Company’s staff or customer service channels. Examples of which may include:-
(a) interactions with the Company’s staff via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings and emails;
(b) information provided by you when you request that:- (i) the Company contacts you; (ii) you be included in an email or mailing lists;
(c) when you agree and/or respond to our request for additional Personal Data; and/or
(d) when you are contacted by, and responded to, our marketing representatives and agents and other service providers authorized by us.
(C) PURPOSE OF USE
4. The Company may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:-
(1) to conduct necessary due diligence on you (whether such due diligence is conducted by a third party in Singapore or otherwise);
(2) to fulfill our contractual obligations;
(3) to enhance our products and services offering to you; and/or
(4) to send marketing or promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information to you.
5. For the avoidance of doubt, the aforesaid list is not exhaustive and shall include any other purposes that you may have provided your Personal Data for.
(D) ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
6. The Company shall assume that the Personal Data provided by you is accurate at the time of provision and you shall inform the Company should there be any change in your Personal Data.
(E) DATA DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL
7. Subject to any applicable personal data/privacy laws that may be in force from time to time, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed below (where applicable), to the third parties located in Singapore or otherwise:-
(1) Our related and/or affiliated corporations, i.e. holding company, subsidiaries and/or affiliates;
(2) agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to us, such as courier services, telecommunications, information technology, payment, payroll, processing, training, market research, storage, archival, customer support investigation services or other administrative, logistical and/or operational services;
(3) partners to introduce you to products and services which you might be interested in;
(4) where relevant, vendors or other third party service providers in connection with promotions and services offered by the Company;
(5) our professional advisers including but not limited to our auditors and lawyers;
(6) relevant government regulators, government ministries, statutory boards or authorities and/or law enforcement agencies; and/or
(7) any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
(F) TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE SINGAPORE
8. In the event that we transfer your Personal Data to a country or territory outside Singapore, we shall endeavor to ensure that the overseas recipient provides a standard of protection to your Personal Data comparable to the standard prescribed under the PDPA.
(G) WITHDRAWAL, ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
9. If you
(2) would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy; or
(3) would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
you may reach us through our Data Protection Officer (contact details listed at the end of this Policy).
10. In the event of a request for withdrawal, the Company shall endeavor to effect your withdrawal within ten (10) business days from the day the Company receives your withdrawal request. Should the Company require more time to give effect to a withdrawal notice, the Company shall inform you of the estimated time frame to effect your withdrawal request.
11. In the event for a request of access or correction, the Company shall endeavor to respond to your access or correction request within thirty (30) days after receiving the request. Should the Company be unable to respond to the access or correction request within the aforesaid timeframe, we shall inform you as soon as practicable and inform you of the estimated timeframe your access or correction request may be processed. Should the Company be unable to accede to your access or correction request, we shall inform you, as soon as practicable, the Company’s grounds for rejection of the same.
(H) PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
12. We shall take reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data in our possession/custody and/or within our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised third party access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks; and the loss of any storage medium or device on which personal data is stored.
(I) RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
13. We shall cease to retain its documents containing Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for the collected Personal Data was no longer being served by such retention, and/or the retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
14. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
15. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
16. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
17. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
18. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
(K) LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
19. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
(L) DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
20. Email address of our Data Protection Officer: PUB_YZTOCSGDPO@ocft.com